We’re just days away from TEDxMileHigh 2012: Risk & Reward and we’ve added a few more speakers to the lineup, which is now complete. Here’s a sneak peek at the innovators and changemakers that you will hear from on Saturday, June 2nd:
Kelly Brough, president and CEO of the Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce and an avid supporter of our local business community. She also has extensive experience in government, having implemented Denver’s 3-1-1 customer service system and led significant reforms including moving the City to a full pay-for-performance system.
Mayor Hancock, Denver Mayor and advocate for the people and businesses of the City. He believes in bringing different groups together to find common-sense solutions to complicated challenges. Plus he believes that by working together we can create a world-class city.
Allen Lim, sports physiologist and cycling trainer for many of the world’s top cyclists, including Lance Armstrong. Allen recently founded Skratch Labs and spends much of his time turning his love for the bicycle into a legitimate tool for social change.
Samantha Lobato, a recent graduate of Career Education Center Middle College and a youth leader for Project VOYCE (Voices of Youth Changing Education). Serving as a liaison between students and schools to foster open communication, Samantha also coaches fellow students to become leaders in their school community.
Hugo Matheson, chef and co-founder of The Kitchen. An advocate of community, Hugo aims to create connections and conversations through food. His restaurants balance mindful eco-practices with simple, straightforward preparations of familiar classics. “We’re trying to build a community where people feel comfortable…,” he says.
Evan Walden + Nathaniel Koloc, co-founders of ReWork, a startup that connects professionals with companies that are making the world a better place. Between the two of them, they’ve racked up several honors—both are StartingBloc fellows and Nathaniel is a 2011 Unreasonable fellow.
Kelly, Mayor Hancock, Allen, Samantha, Hugo, Evan and Nathaniel will join the previously announced TEDxMileHigh 2012 lineup, which includes:
- Natalie Baumgartner, PhD, a clinical psychologist and co-founder of RoundPegg
- Jeremy Bloom, two-time Olympian and founder of Wish of a Lifetime foundation
- Kayvon Coffey, violin prodigy and member of Denver Young Artists Orchestra
- Chris Davenport, two-time World Champion skier and TV commentator
- Adam Lerner, director and chief animator of the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver
- Timothy Marquez, founder, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors of energy company Venoco, Inc.
- Ryan Martens, founder of Rally Software and CEO of the Entrepreneurs Foundation of Colorado
- Laura Merage, an artist and social entrepreneur who founded RedLine Denver
- Todd Neff, writer and editor of CLeanEnergy.com
- Jessica Posner, “America’s Top World Changer Under 25” and co-founder of Shining Hope for Communities
- Woody Roseland, five-time cancer survivor and comedian
- Slam Nuba, award-winning slam poets Ken Arkind, Bobby Lefebre and Theo Wilson
- A special musical guest to be announced…
We have a few tickets left at http://tedxmilehigh2012.eventbrite.com. They also include access to the Exhibits Lounge where attendees can engage in hands-on workshops, live product demonstrations, idea exchanges, and interactive technology displays hosted in a social environment. The Exhibits lounge will be open on June 2nd from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., during intermission from 3 to 4 p.m. and after the program from 6 to 8 p.m. So come early and stay late!