About the job
TEDxMileHigh is looking to hire a marketing consultant. If you live and breathe marketing, this role is for you. You are passionate about highly-effective marketing, and understand that success requires a combination of rigorous analytics and testing, consistent execution, creative content marketing, and strong strategic thought. You care more about what strategies work, rather than what marketers are “supposed to do.” This role is for an independent contractor and is expected to require approximately 10-20 hours per week.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Your goal will be to implement our marketing plan in a manner that leads to tremendous engagement and reach across our website, newsletter, social channels, and other marketing avenues. You will collaborate with our marketing partners to ensure we fully optimize our website and paid advertising. You will collaborate with our designers and content creators to ensure overall marketing success. The end result of this will be a strong and unified brand, increasing ticket and membership sales, and world-class content for our growing audience.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Executing the business marketing plan and achieve key milestone and revenue targets
- Collaborate with leadership to develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our events and drive qualified traffic and ticket sales to our organization
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns from ideation to execution. Work closely with the leadership team on ideation and strategy.
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our channel that attracts and converts our target groups
- Ensuring marketing communications are coordinated, including the development and distribution of all marketing collateral; will support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors
- Oversee and approve marketing materials
- Perform market research and planning, strategic direction for promotion and advertising; may assist with the preparation of the annual operating plans
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities)
You have hands-on experience with web analytics and turning ideas into highly-effective marketing campaigns across all channels. You are flexible and versatile, and take pride in doing whatever it takes to get the word out. You can own a marketing plan from ideation and creation to implementation and tracking. You have proven experience in identifying target audiences and in executing marketing plans across a number of channels. You are very comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics, and processing figures with spreadsheets. Experience with setting up and managing Google Adwords and Facebook ads is a plus. You are up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices for online marketing and measurement. You have a sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication. You work effectively with senior management and are comfortable taking directions from others. You apply a research-based approach to marketing.
This role will require approximately 10-20 hours per week for this position. Several years of experience as a marketing professional is required. Passion for social justice required. Experience with email marketing, paid search, organic social media, and website management is preferred. Experience with event marketing is preferred. Bilingual candidates with multi-cultural competency are preferred.
By now you’re at the bottom of this posting so chances are you’re probably interested in this role. If you’re hesitant because you don’t meet every requirement, but you think you’re a fit, please give it a shot and submit your information.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
You are valued and you belong. We are committed to maintaining the best possible environment for our team and collaborators where people can show up as their authentic selves. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace.
In that spirit, we provide equal opportunities to all collaborators without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please submit your information, including the proposed hourly rate, by June 25, 2021 to:
TEDxMileHigh is a community of engaged, active, and driven individuals committed to accelerating innovation and social impact through the power of big ideas. Since 2011, we’ve produced hundreds of events for a collective audience of more than 80,000 thinkers and doers. Our talks online have been viewed 100 million times. We strive to be a hub of intellectual conversation and visionary action in the Mile High region and beyond.