ABOUT THE JOB
TEDxMileHigh is looking to hire an executive director to build revenue and capacity for TEDxMileHigh. The Executive Director will launch and lead the grant writing program and fundraising events strategy, expand corporate and foundation partnerships, and grow the membership program while enhancing and refining donor activities. The Executive Director will play a key role in external relationship management and defining strategic initiatives as well as working with the management team to provide oversight to the team. The Executive Director will play a significant role in building TEDxMileHigh during its next chapter.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
● Develop and oversee revenue generation and capacity building including the grant writing
program, fundraising events strategy, membership program, and foundation and corporate
● oversee external relations and community partnerships;
● develop new revenue opportunities;
● collaborate with the management team on strategic initiatives related to marketing, media, and
● collaborate with the management team on partnership fulfillment;
● facilitate advisory boards in conjunction with the management team; and
● collaborate with the management team to provide oversight to the overall team.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities)
TEDxMileHigh seeks an Executive Director with:
● A commitment to the mission of TEDxMileHigh and a belief that big ideas can change the world;
● hands-on experience building revenues across one or more channels (e.g. corporate and
foundation partnerships, individual giving, fundraising events, grants);
● an ability to build relationships with staff, collaborators, and partners;
● an ability to create a vision for initiatives and put in the hard work to make it come to fruition;
● a passion for social justice, education, and leading social change. You are comfortable working with strategic plans and budgets and constantly improving processes;
● multi-cultural competency (bilingual a plus);
● comfort working with strategic plans and budgets and constantly improving processes;
● a commitment to regular learning and constantly expanding skillsets;
● an ability to work effectively with senior management and comfort collaborating with various
advisors and collaborators;
● an ability to apply a research-based approach to decision making, and a belief in measuring
progress towards goals;
● experience with grant writing, corporate and foundation partnerships, and/or individual giving
● experience with strategy in relationship marketing, and/or community development (preferred);
● experience in a non-profit environment (preferred).
At least five years of revenue-generation experience is preferred for this position. TEDxMileHigh welcomes candidates that do not meet every qualification but are passionate about spreading big ideas and elevating inspired citizenship in Colorado.
Please submit your information to:
TEDxMileHigh is a community of engaged, active, and driven individuals committed to accelerating innovation and social impact through the power of big ideas. Since 2011, we’ve produced hundreds of events for a collective audience of more than 80,000 thinkers and doers. Our talks online have been viewed 100 million times. We strive to be a hub of intellectual conversation and visionary action in the Mile High region and beyond.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection.
These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)