Come early and stay late at TEDxYouth@MileHigh and TEDxMileHigh 2012: Risk & Reward. Your ticket not only gives you access to a stellar programming lineup, but it also gets you backstage access to the TEDxMileHigh Exhibits Lounge, situated in the Studio Loft at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House.
At the Exhibits Lounge, TEDxYouth@MileHigh and TEDxMileHigh 2012 ticketholders will be among the first to demo new technologies, test new products and take in creative works that are developed right here in Colorado.
Open to TEDxYouth@MileHigh attendees:
Friday, June 1st from 1 to 2 p.m. and 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Also open to TEDxMileHigh 2012: Risk & Reward attendees:
Saturday, June 2nd from 11 a.m. to 12: 45 p.m., during intermission from 3 to 4 p.m., and again from 6 to 8 p.m.
What’s inside the Exhibits Lounge? Here’s a preview of the featured spaces:
- Projects Zone. A place where attendees can share their ‘big ideas’. Engage in active ideation sessions among Colorado innovators with the aim of harnessing the energy, optimism and talent of our Denver community to create innovative answers to big questions.
- The Entrepreneurs Garage. This is an incubator where work and play converge, and where ideas become prototypes. You will have the chance to meet the minds behind emerging innovative products such as mountain bikes, skis, sport nutritional products, and more.
- Innovation in Academia. From the lab to the classroom to the community, these interactive experiences will offer a glimpse into projects that are shaping how one university approaches sustainability, technology and education.
- TEDxMileHigh Book Store. A zone featuring books from TEDxMileHigh speakers as well as those curated by TED and TEDxMileHigh. Authors will also be on hand to autograph books, including:
+Allen Lim, entrepreneur and former cycling trainer, at 12 p.m.
+Todd Siler, visual artist, author and educator, at 6:15 p.m.
- Food + Community Table. You’ll get a taste (pun intended) of what local, community-minded food is all about. Try small bites from several different restaurants and engage with the chefs behind the culinary magic. Spoiler alert: You’ll get to sample fare from Jonesy’s EatBar, The Kitchen-Denver, Linger, Root Down and more.
- Artisanal Coffee + Dessert Bar. To cap off your experience, get your caffeine fill from coffee made and brewed by Denver’s top baristas and roasters. And yes, sweets will also be on the menu. Think Crave Coffee & Desserts, Crema, Happy Coffee and Novo Coffee. It will be a unique experience that introduces you to the nuanced joys of exceptional coffee, desert and conversation.
Intrigued? If you already have your tickets, be sure to come early or stay late to take in the full TEDxMileHigh x-prience. If you need to get your hands on tickets, there are still some available. TEDxMileHigh 2012: Risk & Reward tickets are available at http://tedxmilehigh2012.eventbrite.com. TEDxYouth@MileHigh tickets are available exclusively to students aged 12-22 and can be reserved at http://www.tedxmilehigh2012.eventbrite.com.
We look forward to seeing you at the Exhibits Lounge!