A couple of times each year, TEDxMileHigh holds auditions for speakers at our events. Interested in applying? Here are some tips to help you craft the best possible application.
Top Tips for being selected:
- You don’t have to be a professional speaker to speak at TEDxMileHigh! Give us your best shot at the audition, and if selected, our team will work with you to take your talk to the next level.
- TEDx talks focus on “ideas worth spreading.” We look for talks that demonstrate new ways of approaching old problems, challenges to the status quo, fascinating research, innovative technology and design, and jaw-dropping performances. Many of the nominations we receive are lectures, personal stories, and motivational talks. These types of talks, while meaningful, differ from our focus for TEDxMileHigh as described above.
Consider these questions when you fill out your application:
- What is the #1 thing you want the audience to take away from your talk?
- What makes this idea new, innovative, or important?
- What makes you uniquely qualified to share this idea?